Paragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

696 (Paladin tank rotation)

Go down

696 (Paladin tank rotation) Empty 696 (Paladin tank rotation)

Post by Acarian Tue 8 Dec 2009 - 3:53

im a slacker so i copypasted my post i wrote earlier about paladin tanking rotation. i just took it here so all the tank stuff is gathered under one place. anyway...

basics.. its called 696 and is based on 2 rotations trowed in together and becomes one... to complete the hole rotation it takes 18 seconds and u will have every single global cooldown something to press on while all ur other abilities are on cooldown and cant be used.

so what is 696? as i said its 2 rotations. a rotation of all ur "9 spells" and a rotation of ur "6 spells". and by combining them into eatch other will make it possible to not only keep ur spells on cooldown but also keep ur survailability maximised by a 100% uptime on holyshield and u will keep ur tps high and stabil..

so lets see at our "9 spells" and what i mean with them..
consecration is a 8 sec cooldown and 8 sec thingy on ground that u will press every 9 second.
holy shield has a 8 sec cooldown and a 10 sec uptime and u will press it every 9 sec to keep it upp all the time not lettig it to fall off.. reason why not press every 8 sec is since u dont have a spara global u cant press it earlier and if u do then u will find a gap in ur rotation later on.
judgement is a 9 sec cooldown after talent(u must specc 1/2 in imp judgement in secondtier of ret to make 696 even possible)

these are ur "9 spells" that u will press every 9 second.. the order arent so important of them but u want to press one of them every second global... so lets say judge-global CD-holy shield-global CD-consy-globalCD- judgement- global CD and so on...

right and wtf is the "6spells"???
its the rest:P ur hammer of righteous and shield of righteousness..
and them u will fill up teh globals between ur "9spells" and u will use them once every second global cooldown... and u will rotate them so that u never shieldslam two GCD's after eatchother.. well u cant even do it unless u do it horribly wrong...
example: HotR-global CD-SotR-global CD- HotR- global CD- SotR and so on..

now lets combine them together.
lets use the term "9spells" and "6pells"
so when u combine those two rotations u will put them in between eatch other..
"9spell"-6spell-9spell-6spell and so on
thats how it looks in teory.. in real action lets see how it looks..
lets say u pull with exorcismand hand of righteousness for some nice snap aggro.. then u follow by trowning avengers shield at the boss... he isnt in melee range yet but in range of a judgement.. so u judge him and when the global cooldown is off hes in melee range and u can slam him with shield of righteousness.. and u have done 2 globals of ur rotation already.. still with me? ofc not but ull get it soon... after ur shieldslam u trow up ur holy shield to mitigate some dmg from the boss. this far u havent started produsing threat yet and thats why ur initial pull with nice snap aggro is awsome:) after Holy shield follow with a hammer of the righteous and then drop ur consecration on the ground.. at this point u have ur 5 stacks of Seal of Vengeance(ur tanking seal u always should use and should glyph for some extra expertise aswell) and ur actual treath production can start.. continue with a shield slam, judgemenet, hammer of the righteous, refresh holyshield, shieldslam, consy

so what abilities did we use now?
lets take a look and go further in to those spells

lets skipp the 3 first spells, so that leaves us with the judgement(9 spell) as first one
shieldslam(6spell)
holyshield(9spell)
HotR(6spell)
consy(9spell)
shieldslam(6spell)
judgement(9spell)
HotR(6spell)
refreshing holyshield(9spell)
shieldslam(6spell)
and that will continue untill ur back at what u started with.. in other words: untill ur back at judge-shieldslam-holyshield.. it will go 3 times trough ur 9 spells before ur actually back at the same order as u started with witch will make it 18 sec to complete the hole rotation.. when uve done it once round u do it a second round and continue untill boss dies.. ofc theres other things u have to do but thats an other story, and how to use other spells in ur rotation and when and not drop in tps but actually gain it.. tho i cant be arsed to write more now since this post been long enough already^^ hope u got anything of what i just said and if so just gogo do ur stuff and go pwn!
Acarian
Acarian

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

696 (Paladin tank rotation) Empty Re: 696 (Paladin tank rotation)

Post by Guest Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 7:01

I've been using this on my little tankadin alt and I love it, thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down