Paragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Estavez - Holy Priest/Resto Druid

+5
Amaath
Mei
Bagomaster
Dharshan
Estavez
9 posters

Go down

Estavez - Holy Priest/Resto Druid Empty Estavez - Holy Priest/Resto Druid

Post by Estavez Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 15:04

Before I complete the application I feel I should flesh out my thoughts on why I am applying here first. I have played Wow for many years now raiding from Kara to ICC. However, due to real life issues and hitting a brick wall with fun things to do in this expansion, I quit playing wow regularly back in last June. With the new expansion on the door step though I have a desire to get back into it. With many old friends now in your guild (see below) yours seemed a good place to apply to, to achieve my goals. Essentially these are to experience the new expansion, level to 85, dig up temples of doom with indiana, be social with old (and hopefully new) friends, and even raid (though level of activity depends on fiancée and if I am away with work).

Anyway, I have applied with two characters for some reason. Mainly because I enjoy the healing sub game the most out of the that tanking and dpsing. Whether you like just one or both (or neither lol), well thats OK.

Did you read "About Paragon" post - and do you accept it's content?

Yes

What is your character name? (Include a link to your armory please)

Norrolis - Holy Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&cn=Norrolis (Have the most experience with this one, having played with her since BC).
Galiana - Resto Druid - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&cn=Galiana (My "newer" healer, having levelled her up quite recently, though enjoy the different style of healing immensely.

What is your class and main spec? Do you have dualspec?

Priest - Holy spec with disc off (though I shall likely change it to shadow for levelling/general. Don't like disco much anymore).
Druid - Resto - With a balance offspec for dailies etc.

Do you have any professions - and what is your skill?

Priest - Tailor/Inscription Max
Druid - Alchemy/Herbalism Max

How old are you?

Twenty-Six

How well do you speak/understand English?

I am English and like to think I speak it well. I have a GCSE in English, gimmie a day to find the certificate though.... :p

Do you want to be part of Paragon as social member or raiding member?

Both.

If raiding member, how often can you raid between 20:00 - 23:00 WoW Time, and what days suit you best?

I can raid these times, Monday to Friday (sometimes weekends too).

How long have you played WoW, and what is your raiding experience at level 80? (We care more for the player than the character)

I have played Wow for a few years now. Since about halfway through the Burning Crusade was when I joined. Started off with a hunter which I played "OK", but then made a priest where I really started to enjoy playing the endgame. I seem to like healing the most, as I now have two healing classes as my mains.

Please list your previous guilds, and why you left them

Phoenix Order - Haven't left yet

How did you learn about Paragon? Do you know any member?

From former members who left to join you - Erideth (I think he polymorphed into Zeuie), Barkis (Barkies now?) and of course Mei and Sunnz.

Why did you chose to join Paragon, and what do you expect from being member?

There are two reasons. One is I want to begin to back into raiding. As we reached the end of this expansions life span I got bored and semi quit, as well as down to real life issues (i.e. work). And secondly those who I knew and are with you now are among the nicest people I have known and played with, except Zeuie of course. :p

What will be your contribution to Paragon?

I like to think I am an experienced raider, someone good to have a laugh and play around with, and if you catch me in the right mood I'll boost you in deadmines. Razz Razz

Last edited by Estavez on Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total

Estavez

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Estavez - Holy Priest/Resto Druid Empty Re: Estavez - Holy Priest/Resto Druid

Post by Dharshan Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 15:20

You may want to retract that statement about Zeuie, he is an officer here lol!
But nice to see you have an interest in wow again. Esta is one of nicest guys I've met through wow and always willing to help. So for what its worth, a thumbs up from me Smile

Dharshan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 15:24

Dharshan wrote:You may want to retract that statement about Zeuie, he is an officer here lol!
But nice to see you have an interest in wow again. Esta is one of nicest guys I've met through wow and always willing to help. So for what its worth, a thumbs up from me Smile

Haha cheers K. Yup, I think I was missing an emote there.

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagomaster Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 17:16

Even without knowing anything about your classes, it's a fantastic application and it has my resounding yes.
Bagomaster
Bagomaster

Female Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 18:26

Chuck Norrolis! Long time no see! Glad to hear you're getting back into the game.
Hope you get accepted!

Definitely a thumbs up from me(eventhough I might not have much to say about it...!)

Mei
Mei

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 20:03

Hello there!

Very nice application. In preparation for our 25-man raiding, I believe both a holy priest and a resto druid would fit

If you had to choose one of them which would it be? Razz

I'm gonna look into your characters a bit later, and I'm certain some other officers will be here soon Smile

Stay tuned

//Amaath

Amaath
Amaath

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnz Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 20:10

Yay...! Gief Chucky...! cheers
Sunnz
Sunnz

Male Number of posts : 38

http://www.Sunnz.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wíndy Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 1:45

OMG Chuck Norrolis!
Man that was a long time ago Very Happy

Really hope to see you in the guild, thumbs up here!
Wíndy
Wíndy

Male Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 12:08

Windy - It wasn't that long ago, not even a year! You know I have had to turn to James for enchants now?? Smile

Sunnz - Good to see you too mate Smile

Amaath - I like playing both characters, though you could say I have had the most experience with my priest (though I notice i'm missing a couple of gems at the moment). As I said the play style between the two is quite different and somewhat interesting as a result. The sheer breadth of priest spells is great I find with pretty much a healing spell for any occasion. However, it'll be quite interesting come Cataclysm, Holy has changed a fair bit too. Plus I don't need an addon for my SOL proc Smile

Mei - Good to see you too, hope your keeping your brothers in check!

Bagomaster - Thanks! Smile

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Zereaper Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 12:39

This is the coolest app ive ever seen!
Zereaper
Zereaper

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 12:42

NOOOOOOOOO-ROOOLLIZ! WUHU! Very Happy

Zeuie

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 15:18

Admit, you missed me.

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 15:39

<3

Zeuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 15:43

As much as I love you Zeuie, I still won't dispell you. Its more entertaining that way.

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 16:33

Huhuhuhuhu Ill save my racial for that!

Zeuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 14:46

In truth I have several characters all at 80. Priest, Druid, Hunter, DK (tank), and a Warlock. But in response I would say my priest would be my main for several reasons, as well as the fact you are more in need for a Holy Priest I hear. I am interested to what you think of my spec and gear to be honest.

Chuck

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 18:19

Welcome to the guild imo!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 20:10

Hello again!

With all this love I think you're halfway in already Smile

I looked over your priest and the only thing I can see as a problem is the ungemmed /rare-gemmed items (We do require all our raiders to use the most appropriate epic gems).

Just for the sake of argument I will mention a few things about your spec. This is however my own point of view and my own preferences. Your spec is perfectly fine for raiding

I would take all 3 points from Improved healing, using these to max out Inspiration, and taking 2/2 Healing Focus - For the full awesomeness of the Inspiration, and to guard myself against major pushbacks

I would move the 4 points from Divine Fury to Spell Warding - since I find myself taking more magic damage than casting Greater Heal

Furthermore I would also take the 5 points from Empowered Healing and put 2 in Body of Soul, and 3 in Blessed Resilience - Since speed is nice and since 3% extra on all heals will most likely give a larger output boost that 20/40% on heals I find myself using lesser and lesser

But as mentioned, those just fits my preferences, and your spec is perfectly fine.

As long as the gems are no problem to fix, it's a yes from me!

Edit: As I posted this, I found out you'd already been invited :O Welcome I guess ;P

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Estavez Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 20:41

Hello Mr Amaath. Thanks for the feedback, its always good to get someone to look over your spec. I agree with the awesomeness of inspiration and shifting the points that way to reduce pushback as well. With the expansion the way it is mana isn't much of a problem usually I find.

Using the Divine Fury is more of a balancing talent really for me. Combining that with a full stack of Serendipity lets me get a nice quick Greater Heal off, and was good for the five mans. But once again at this point in the expansion you could argue that heroics are so easy its now trivial, and especially as I would use Serendipity stacks in a raid more for POH than a GH.

As for Blessed Resilience I can see that being useful too thinking about, you can throw up the whole endgame raiding vs heroic point I've mentioned twice already lol. Not sure if I rate Body and Soul though tbh.

Why do I feel this is moot though as in a week or so we get the new revamped talent trees don't we?

Estavez

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagomaster Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 22:44

Nerds :/

Welcome bro Smile
Bagomaster
Bagomaster

Female Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-12