Paragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priestydude - Discipline Priest.

5 posters

Go down

Priestydude - Discipline Priest. Empty Priestydude - Discipline Priest.

Post by Priestydude Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 20:33

Did you read "About Paragon" post - and do you accept it's content?

Yes i read them and ofcourse i accepted them.

What is your character name? (Include a link to your armory please)

Priestydude - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Maelstrom&cn=Priestydude

What is your class and main spec? Do you have dualspec?

My main spec is Discipline. Hate playing for Holy. But if you guys really need me to go Holy during raids or anything. I will do it.

Do you have any professions - and what is your skill?

Yes, I have Alchemy 450, and Herbalism 450.

How old are you?

I am 17 years old.

How well do you speak/understand English?

It's my first language.

Do you want to be part of Paragon as social member or raiding member?

Would love to be a bit of both. Probably a bit more active on the rading side, but love to liven up the guild chat and help out some people once in a while.

If raiding member, how often can you raid between 20:00 - 23:00 WoW Time, and what days suit you best?

Well, ofcourse i can raid with you guys, and naturally, best days would be week - ends. I can make the times, but if I ever can't do a raid ofcourse I would let somebosy in charge know.

How long have you played WoW, and what is your raiding experience at level 80? (We care more for the player than the character)

I have been playing WoW all since vanilla. I was kind of on and off and always commig back to wow when new expansions were released. But my expirience in WoTLK are almost all of bosses except Ruby Sanctum atm. Downed Lich King on other chars quite a bit of times. At the moment got an acchi for 11/12 on this char.

Please list your previous guilds, and why you left them

Graveyard. I know... it's even imbarassing for me. They kind of lied to me when i applied to them. Said they were on LK, so i decided to down him with a guild and then move on to better ones once i g along.

How did you learn about Paragon? Do you know any member?

No yet. Saw the recruitement message in trade chat.

Why did you chose to join Paragon, and what do you expect from being member?

Looks like the guild I would love to join and stay in for a long time in my WoW days. Hopefully it's an organized guild with no arguing and nice people.

What will be your contribution to Paragon?

Well, without a question my proffesions with no fee's. When i find an unwanted trasmuted gem will donate it to Guild Bank. Andofcourse, an epice healer! (I know that sounds cocky but couldn't resist, sorry ;P )
Priestydude
Priestydude

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Priestydude - Discipline Priest. Empty Re: Priestydude - Discipline Priest.

Post by Kekit Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 22:37

First of all your gemming baffles me. For example you have got blue gems in yellow sockets and vice versa.

Also spirit isn't all that important as disc but since you have a holy spec its acceptable. Which leads me to a question, do you know how to play holy and would you be willing to do so on certain fights when required?

Finally glyph of flash heal is pretty pointless unless you have mana problems (you shouldn't) otherwise try prayer of healing or renew.

Fix these things and it will be a yes from me.
Kekit
Kekit

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagomaster Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 2:09

Without knowing anything at all about priests, the application is nice Wink
Bagomaster
Bagomaster

Female Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 10:21

Allright here are my few points to the application:

First of all, what kekit said is true, dude you gotta look over what gems you put where. The spirit is allright, its for sure better then stamina and its equal to mp5 +kings scale on it, you just need to adjust the positioning for the socketbonuses.

And then there is the enchant on your shoulders, there you want crit to be able to push out more healing rather then mp5 as crit is very important as disc and holy.

And then there ISNT a head enchant, maybe you got the head recently, but make sure to fix that please.

Specc looks good, however some pieces of your gear are gravely outdated from what we are raiding. Not a big issue Im sure, there are good craftables to make up for them!

I see one big no-no here for sure:

"Please list your previous guilds, and why you left them

Graveyard. I know... it's even imbarassing for me. They kind of lied to me when i applied to them. Said they were on LK, so i decided to down him with a guild and then move on to better ones once i g along."

So what makes you not just trying gearing up here then leavin? Explain that comment to me please.

Other then that we could use a disc if you know how to play the class.

Zeuie

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Priestydude Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 10:55

nonononononnonono You understood me all wrong. I was hoping on gearing up in Graveyard because its not really serious guild. I really hope that I can stay and get to love your guild. And, i have recently got the head enchant fom the Kirin Tor rep vendor. Its for spell power and crit chance, so i think that levels out the shoulders. I thought about it, and thanks for your feedback. I will use more of sp/int on instead on sp/spirit.

Priestydude
Priestydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 13:26

Allright well soudns good to me I supose. Anyhow, as for the gemming, you want this prio:

23 SP in all reds
12 SP 10 int in all yellow
12 SP 10 spirit in all blues.

However, this is just to ensure ur socketbonuses for spellpower. You want to have the hots for SP. Shieldscaling. yes.
If you encounter a socket where you get int/stam/hitrating just go 23 SP all the way. As for Haste/Crit its more to judge how many gems you need to use to get that and if the spellpower from the potential 23 SP together would outweight it Smile

Other then that Yes from me.

Over and out!

Zeuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 17:04

Pretty much what I wanted to say has already been said, however I deem your glyphs are perfectly fine.

I think that's a yes from me!

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Priestydude Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 18:12

Thank you very much all you guys. I will use all the info you gave me about gemming in the future. Also gonna put my head enchant on and stuff. But im sorry to say that i wont be able to log in today into WoW. So ill get to you guys as soon as i can. But one more question before that. I was also pretty surprised to hear that i made a glyph mistake. I think that glyph of PoH is more for a Holy, or AoE healer's. So i think that Flsh Heal glyph is best.
Priestydude
Priestydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 18:33

Yes, As discipline, you need to have Glyph of Power Word: Shield, Penance and either Flash Heal or Prayer of Healing. Prayer of Healing will most likely work best in a 10-man environment, or with a high amount of haste, while Flash Heal will fit most scenarios, so you are completely right

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Priestydude Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 19:55

Didn't really understand you there m8. If Zeuie says that in all blues 12sp/spirit, and Kekit tells me to ignore the spirit and go for int. So what should i go for sp/int or the socket bonus when there is a sp/spirit bonus slot? Please tell me because thats kind of 2 different things.

Thanks.
Priestydude
Priestydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 20:20

Actually, unless the socket bonus is so good you crap your pants, it's not really needed to use any blue gems, unless they are required for the meta. Since the shields are scaling amazingly well with spell-power, the simplest method is simply to go solely for spell power gems. If you feel you need mana regeneration, you should go for intellect (however it would probably be better if you tried to acquire a regeneration trinket, such as Solace, which you already have). I believe the meta gem requires a red, a yellow and a blue gem, so those you obviously have to go for, the sp+spirit gem is the most fitting, otherwise, SP for more healing, Int for more regeneration

(And a side note: gem haste if you get below 154, otherwise you're soft-capped and won't have to worry about it)

Hope it helps, if you want further information check this article out!

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Priestydude Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 20:42

Yeah, so until i get some good gear.. i will go for the sp/int and sp/haste depending on bonus but mostly for sp/int.

Thanks for all the help.

Oh, and am i accepted to the guild as a raiding member yet? I will change all the stuff my head gem for the socket bonus for sp/int instead of spirit. So i think other than that my gems are fine atm.
Priestydude
Priestydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 0:16

We're still in a deciding state, please hold for a while Smile

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeuie Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 12:29

You have a yes from me aswell

Zeuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Priestydude Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 12:32

Thank you to all you guys.
Priestydude
Priestydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekit Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 16:06

well it's 3 ok's and the issues have been sorted so i'm gunna go ahead and say welcome to the guild /w Amaath,zuie,acookieatwar or me for an invite.
Kekit
Kekit

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagomaster Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 19:50

Wwwwwwelcome!
Bagomaster
Bagomaster

Female Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down