Paragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app

3 posters

Go down

cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app Empty cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2010 - 23:33

Did you read "About Paragon" post - and do you accept it's content?
yeah and yeah

What is your character name? (Include a link to your armory please)
cheeselet
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Maelstrom&cn=Cheeselet
What is your class and main spec? Do you have dualspec?
deathnaught main spec blood tank off spec frost

Do you have any professions - and what is your skill?
enchanting 450 and leatherworking but replacing it for BS soonish

How old are you?

How well do you speak/understand English?
im english so nps

Do you want to be part of Paragon as social member or raiding member?
both

If raiding member, how often can you raid between 20:00 - 23:00 WoW Time, and what days suit you best?
when ever

How long have you played WoW, and what is your raiding experience at level 80? (We care more for the player than the character)
ive played wow for a few years now
icc10 12/12 10 hc 10/12 icc 25 12/12 25hc 9/12
rs 10 and 25 done on normal

Please list your previous guilds, and why you left them
phoenix,Graveyard shift
phoenixs slowly died same as gys

How did you learn about Paragon? Do you know any member?
in trade and got some peeps i know there kekit/geret

Why did you chose to join Paragon, and what do you expect from being member?
because i got friends there and i expect fun raids

What will be your contribution to Paragon?
the worlds best gnome. and a good/dedicated tank

Back to top Go down

cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app Empty Re: cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app

Post by Kekit Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 0:10

GL dude try not to suck to much Razz
Kekit
Kekit

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app Empty Re: cheeselet dk blood tank/frost dps app

Post by Guest Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 9:59

cheeky cheeky cheeky Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geret Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 19:13

Ohai Coodru
Did smtn happen to celestial resort?Or you just want ur alt here?
Geret
Geret

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 10:08

i dont raid with them much anymore mate and kekit said that paragon was starting over and i just offered to help out Smile and he told to make an apply n see what happens coz tbh if i wanted to i could just raid with them on the dk but i dnt wonna over do it like last time Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 12:42

cheeselet wrote:... i could just raid with them on the dk but i dnt wonna over do it like last time Sad
What do you mean by 'over doing it'

The application was nice, and so is your character and experience. There are however somethings that are a bit troubling. You didn't mention Celestial Resort in your list of previous guilds - why?
You didn't say that you where Coodru, but that you found out about us through trade spam, which you later switched to "Kekit told me about your situation" To me it feels like you're hiding something scratch

Also, I'm not certain about tanking spots in the guild, but I'll have a look

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Male Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 14:43

well the CR thing didnt seem important and because if i said i was coodru maybe you would have remebered me as a slacker :O and prolly tell celestial resort that i was apply here giving me a guild kick then getting rid of everything i worked for and its that really worth it just because a mate asked me to help him ??? and i was talking to kekit about it while making my application

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 17:40

Hi again!

I did not mean any offense in my previous post, I was merely curious why you wouldn't mention that you once were an active raiding member of the guild. You say we'd remember you as a slacker; I wouldn't, but even if I did everyone deserves a second chance. (And quite frankly, cookie is the biggest slack of all time, so there's no way you're ever gonna get close to him bounce ).

I also have one more question, I can't seem to get it straight in my head. You are currently in Celestial Resort on your druid, and you wanna switch mains to your Death Knight, and join us, is that correct?

Anyhow, I have not yet checked if we can take a DK tank, but I don't think there will be any problems with that. So just hold on a little bit more and I'll consult with the officers

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:21

fair point and no offense taken and thats the plan plus i can only raid 3 times a week at the most anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 17:46

Hi cheeselet,

I think we need you so its a yes for me please have a bit more patience till the officers have confirmed you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekit Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 18:40

Ye our officers are slacky atm.
Kekit
Kekit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 21:34

haha yeah its cool cookie ty for let me know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 20:24

Alright, sorry it has taken some time for me to answer, but I've been rather busy doing other officer-related stuff. I can see that you have both cookie's and kekit's support here, I however have some concerns regarding your character that need to be discussed, before you have my support as well.

Let it be known that I myself do not have a Death Knight tank (I do have a Unholy DPS one though) nor do we have any tank class-leader, so I'm gonna do my best in validating your little gnome. All information herein derives from the ElitistJerks compendium Suno's Fireside Chat - DK Endgame Tanking. Also I will not explicitly say that these pointers are wrong, I'm just gonna ask you to justify them.

With that said, let's start:
Your gear is fine, and everything seems properly gemmed and enchanted
Your spec is not identical to any of the four specs mentioned in the compendium, but in general those specs can be modified a little bit to fit your own playing style. What I do however find troubling is that your spec reassembles the compendium spec labeled "Strong AOE. Not a raid spec. Provided for contrast or newer tanks in Heroic 5-mans". What mainly stick out in this spec when it comes to raiding is "Corpse Explosion", as well as other AoE boosting talents . I cannot think of any encounter in todays' raiding content that requires boosted AoE abilities. In addition to this, all encounters with adds that in some way are killed, despawns at death, making it impossible for them to be exploded.
I strongly suggest you to check out the other specs mentioned in the compendium, and maybe choose a variant of one of the "balanced" specs.

Also, your glyphs confounds me. Glyph of Death and Decay is acceptable, but I really don't see any use in boosted AoE threat for the current encounters, and Glyph of Rune Strike would probably fill that glyph-slot better. And then, the only thing I will refuse to accept as a tanking glyph unless I can get a really good justification of it; Glyph of Chains of Ice. I cannot by the love of me understand why you would want to add a minor damage component to your slow-ability. Especially not since it uses the same runes as Icy Touch, which provides a large amount of threat.

There you have it, my two cents of this. As I said, I'm not calling this out as direct wrongs (apart from the Chains glyph), but I do ask you to motivate these points.

//Amaath
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 2:30

fair point with the spec. The thing is with the spec ive had it since i hit 80 just before totc came in and ive just never got around to changing it. but ill get onto it asap haha.

The glyphs, lol long story the chains of ice one was from my pvp spec Embarassed and the DnD glyph kekit gave it me when i first dinged 80 and never really given it any thought about changing it because I havn't had any problems, but i will pick up some smexy new ones Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 17:44

When you have changed your spec and glyphs we would love to hear it from you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 19:26

the specs been changed Smile but no luck on the glyphs yet the Dam log in servers are just lame

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaath Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 0:17

good spec choice, you can fix the glyphs when you log on the next time. Welcome back!

Whisper Me, Exminator, Jestergut, Kekit or Acookieatwar for an invite
Amaath
Amaath

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekit Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 0:20

cheeselet wrote:the specs been changed Smile but no luck on the glyphs yet the Dam log in servers are just lame

WTF you stole my word lame
Kekit
Kekit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down